Friday, January 20, 2012

Swedish breaded fish filet and mashed potatoes

Today I tried out my mom's recipe of breaded fish filet and mashed potatoes, this was my favoutite dish when I was little. I loved it!
and I'm also going to show all of the steps how to do it! :)

Ingredients for fish filet:
400 g codfish
1 egg
flour
breadcrumbs
salt and pepper

Ingredients for mashed potatoes:
8-10 potatoes
3 dl milk
salt and pepper
butter


Step 1: boil the potatos















Step 2: heat the milk in the microwave











Step 3: mash the potatoes and add the milk, butter, salt and pepper










Step 4: heat it on the stove and stir















 Step 5: prepare the fish











 Step 6: dip the filet in the egg











 Step 7: dip the filet in the flour and breadcrumb-mix










 Step 8: fry them i the pan with some butter, add salt and pepper










Step 9: boil some broccoli 











  Step 10: eat it! :)













I give this recipe 4 stars!

It is a very nice dish, the fish is very tasty with the breading. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that it takes a while to make and it can be a bit tricky and messy when you're breading the filet. But it is definitely worth it! It is very nice to serve with broccoli or some other boiled vegetables.

1 comment: