Thursday, March 1, 2012

Colombian Enchiladas

 This is a recipe my mum and dad has cooked for my sister and me althrough our lives. We really love this, we are big fans of South African and Mexican food. This recipe is one of my favorites and it's even better together with my dads home made guacamole, yummy!

Ingredients: (for 4)
500 g minced meat / or chicken
Taco spice-mix
3 dl water
2 tbs butter
300 g cheddar cheese
1 packet of corn tortillas
1 ½ dl tomato pureé









 Step 1: Set the oven on 200 degrees (celsius)

Step 2: Boil the water, taco spice-mix and tomato pureé in a sauce pan. Stir.

Step 3: Fry the minced meat and add half of the tomato sauce and half of the cheddar cheese.
Stir and let it cook for a few minutes.

Step 4: Distribute the meat on the tortillas. Roll them and put them in a buttered oven safe pan. Cover the tortillas with the rest of the tomato sauce and the cheese.

Step 5: Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

My rate of the recipe:

 
Time: it takes approximately 30-40 minutes. It's quite fast and fun, 4 stars!

Difficulty: It's not very complicated and it actually "takes care of itself" while it's in the oven. The steps are simple. 5 stars!

Taste: This is absolutely great, I love the spicy taste mixed whit some sour cream, guacamole and vegetables. It's a super tasty South American recipe, 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment